To assist the New York State Education Department (NYSED) in addressing the CTE Perkins V State Plan Priorities of:
- Increasing access to high quality CTE programs
- Supporting at-risk students enrolled in CTE programs
- Improving career development for all students
- Building regional collaboration amongst secondary and postsecondary education and business/industry
CTE Technical Assistance Center Work Plan
Because of the changes in the Perkins V legislation, the work of the CTETAC has changed somewhat. In supporting the NYSED CTE State Plan priorities our work will focus on:
- Providing services to high needs/underperforming districts/BOCES and postsecondary institutions,
- Assisting districts/BOCES/postsecondary institutions as they improve equity in and access to CTE with emphasis on special populations,
- Assisting districts/BOCES/postsecondary with data collection, analysis , and reporting, particularly as it relates to the CLNA,
- Assisting in building and leveraging regional collaborative efforts among secondary, postsecondary CTE Programs and business and industry
- CTE Communications and Information sharing.
- Professional development – reducing performance gaps with a focus on at-risk students.
The CTE Technical Assistance Center has a 5 year contract beginning February 1, 2021 to January 31, 2026. The Successful Practices Network also held the CTE TAC of NY contract in the previous 10 years.
Support for the CTE Technical Assistance Center (CTE TAC) and this website is provided through a state contract under the Strengthening Career and Technical Education Act (Perkins V) administered by the New York State Education Department.