Professional development is one of the key functions of the CTE Technical Assistance Center. There is a growing demand for virtual expert-led training sessions across New York State. The staff of the CTE TAC, supplemented by experienced educators affiliated with the Successful Practices Network, provides these training sessions at the request of technical centers, schools, districts, and colleges. Training sessions are a FREE service to schools under CTE TAC’s contract with the NYSED.
Advantages of Virtual Training Sessions
- Ability to customize the topic to the needs of schools and participants
- Flexibility of time and length to accommodate varied schedules and school location
- Collaboration and networking among educators and administrators from multiple schools across NYS
- Virtual introduction of best practices from highly successful CTE programs across the state and nation
- Opportunity for participants to ask questions and reflect on their own practice in real-time
- Facilitated conversations and sharing among staff
CTE TAC recognizes the value of face-to-face trainings and has provided quality in-person professional development for 9 years. In-person training sessions will resume at a time when the risk of COVID-19 infections is reduced.