The CTE Technical Assistance Center operates as a State Contract to assist The New York State Education Department (NYSED) in carrying out its mission of improving the quality, access, and delivery of CTE through research-based methods and strategies resulting in broader CTE opportunities for all students.
- The CTE Center Increases the capacity of SED to Serve, Support, and Expand CTE across the state
- BOCES and LEA programs are served
- The highest needs as determined by NYSED will be the Center’s highest priority
- The CTE Technical Assistance Center has a 5 year contract beginning January 2016, the Successful Practices Network also held the CTE TAC of NY contract in the previous 5 years.
CTE Technical Assistance Center Work Plan
- Professional and Leadership Development
- CTE Program Approval
- Best Practices / CTE Models
- Support for Multiple Pathways Initiatives and NYSED priorities
- CTE Communications and Marketing
- Networking to strengthen CTE
Support for the CTE Technical Assistance Center (CTE TAC) and this website is provided through a state contract under the Carl D. Perkins Career and Technical Education Improvement Act of 2006 administered by the New York State Education Department.